Thursday, September 30, 2010

Quarterly Update - 3rd Quarter 2010

I spent a lot of the summer looking for work and pretending to study for my qualifying exams. Then August came and I started seriously studying, which meant I spent a lot of time despairing, and I distracted myself from my despair with my reading, turning out over 4,000 pages that month. Then came September and, until I heard I had passed my exams, I was too anxious to do much reading.

The Princes in the Tower, by Alison Weir

Rating: six and a half out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

Thursday Next in First Among Sequels, by Jasper Fforde

Rating: four and a half out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

Ginger Pye, by Eleanor Estes

Rating: four out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

1912, by James Chace

Rating: six out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

Madame Pamplemousse and Her Incredible Edibles, by Rupert Kingfisher

Rating: four and a half out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

The Big Over Easy, by Jasper Fforde

Rating: five out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

Mike at Wrykyn, by P.G. Wodehouse

Rating: five and a half out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

Mostly Harmless Econometrics, by Joshua D. Angrist and Jőrn-Steffen Pischke

Rating: one and a half out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

The Prophetic Book of Mormon, by Hugh Nibley

Rating: seven out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

Shades of Grey, by Jasper Fforde

Rating: the first 384 pages: six out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

Rating: the last six pages: one out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

The New Testament, by St. Paul, et Al.

Rating: I'm not assigning monkeys to scripture.

The Book of Mormon, by Joseph Smith, Jr., trans.

Rating: Not on the monkey scale.

The Mortal Messiah, Book 1, by Bruce R. McConkie

Rating: five out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury

Rating: four and a half out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

Angels and Demons, by Dan Brown

Rating: five out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

Summer Lightning, by P.G. Wodehouse

Rating: seven out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

William Howard Taft, by Judith Icke Anderson

Rating: two and a half giant inflatable monkeys.

1 comment:

  1. It was The DaVinci Code the unnamed woman threw away.

    ReplyDelete