Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Phantom Mudder, by Darrel and Sally Odgers

My son keeps loving these books, and he is now closing in on being good enough of a reader to read them himself. This book was more enjoyable to me than others have been, because the high-strung overbearing lady turned out to be the villain and Jack helped get her in trouble. Hurray for sticking it to annoying people!

Since this book took place at a dog show, it was kind of like a Jack Russell surprise party, with all of his friends in one place. My kids liked that some dog characters they had forgotten about were continually showing up. And I liked that the office supervisor-type lady got in trouble. (Have I mentioned how much I hate that type of lady?)

Rating: six and a half out of seven giant inflatable monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment